In this autocad tutorial we will dimension this simple L plate from last tutorial.
1. First you need layer in your drawing. How to create layer?
If you already know how to create layer, make sure you have at least DIM layer.
2. This is our sketch look like from last tutorial.
3. Make sure DIM layer is selected.
3. From AutoCAD ribbon, Annottation tools click Linear for linear dimensioning.
4. Click at bottom left corner Endpoint of the sketch.
5. Click at bottom right corner Endpoint of the sketch.
6. Click at drawing to specify gap between drawing and dimension.
7. Repeat step 3 – 6 for other edges. And you final drawing should look like this;