In this autocad tutorial we will sketch a plate with single hole.
1. Open a new drawing. Click New
2. Make sure Ortho mode is ON, (it ON when it glow in blue)
click the icon to turn it ON or OFF. (or press F8 to toggle)
3. Type z [Space bar], e [Space bar]. This will zoom extents your drawing area.
4. Activate rectangle command. Click Rectangle.
5. Specify first corner point of the rectangle at 0,0. Type 0,0 [Enter].
6. Move your cursor to right side and specify other corner point at 10,6. Type 10,6 [Enter].
7. Right click at Object Snap Tracking (1) and click Midpoint (2) to activate Midpoint object snap.
8. Click line and draw a cross line from left to right. Point your cursor at mid point of rectangle.
When cursor change to green triangle shape click on it. That point is midpoint of left vertical line.
9. Move your cursor to right edge midpoint, move cursor until it change to green triangle shape click on it.
Your sketch should look like this;
10. Click CIRCLE, point the center point of the circle at mid point of previous line.
When cursor change to green triangle, click on it.
11. Specify radius of the circle to 2. Type 2 [Enter].
12. Click on middle line of the rectangle. Press [Delete] key.
Your top view is ready.